Garden Club of Ohio, Inc. has a proud tradition of giving academic scholarships to deserving students. An applicant for a GCO scholarship must be a College or University Junior, Senior or Graduate Student; or a First-year Student at a 2-year institution. Sophomores may apply for their Junior year. Applicant must have at least a “B” average. Applicant may attend any accredited college/university of their choice. Majors MUST be in the fields of Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Architecture, Botany, Agronomy, Forestry, Conservation, Plant Pathologh, Environmental Sciences, City Planning and/or Allied Subjects.
|Scholarship Application Form||Financial Aid Guidelines||Financial Aid Form|
NOTICE: The Application and Financial Aid Forms and the following items must be received to be considered for a Garden Club of Ohio, Inc. Scholarship.
- Transcript of academic record including last grading period. For Graduate Students, transcript of both graduate and undergraduate work is required.
- Complete financial-aid form, to be signed by Financial-aid Officer.
- A personal letter (by applicant) discussing Goals, Background, Financial Need, Special Interests, and Personal Commitment. NOT TO EXCEED TWO PAGES.
- List of extra-curricular activities, study related.
- THREE letters of recommendation discussing scholastic ability, personal reference and work-related experience. Each limited to ONE page.
- A recent photo (head and shoulders preferred)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1
Mail to: GCO Scholarship Chairman
2440 State Street NE
Canton, OH 44721-1036