Garden Club of Ohio Bylaws and Policies effective June 17, 2017:
GCO – By-Laws and Standing Rule Changes Effective October 18, 2017
Page 41 Line 1948 NN. All Schools Chairman (No change)Page 41 Line 1949 Principal Duties and Responsibilities to be determined:
Change to read:
- Serves as a member of the GCO BOD
- Must have completed at least one school, all four courses.
- Promotes the establishment of each school, reminding each Chairman that the Schools must be voted on and approved at a GCO Board meeting.
- Insures that all NGC guidelines are compliant for hosting the Schools
- Review the proposed budgets, places, dates of each school and proposed timeline a received from the School Chairman
- Receives the final report of each School from the School Chairman within 60 days of School completion.
- Encourage School Chairman to provide after final completion of the series, updated information of the number and names of Council members to All School Chairman.
Rational: There has never been a description of the position.
Page 4 – Under Line 153 b. Member-at-Large
Page 4 – Line 157 – Add: “without right to vote or hold office”
Page 4 – Line 177 – Add: “without right to vote or office”
Section 2 – Rights and Privileges
Page 4 – Line 186 – Add “ excluding members-at-large and affiliates”
Rational – To clarify membership rights and privileges
Page 18 – Line 828 g. The President is authorized to:
Line 831 – Add “president’s project”
Rational – The project changes from term to term.
Page 35 – Line 1652 Under Communication Chairman
Add “Floral Design Editor and Horticulture Book Review Chairman
Rational – New chairmanships
Page 45 – Line 2145 Under Horticulture:
Delete “Operation Wildflower”
Rational – No longer a project
Page 45 Line 2145 Under Horticulture:
Delete word “and”, add comma, add “Herbs and add “Annuals and Perennials”
Line 2145 should read: Trees/Shrubs, Wildflowers, Xeriscape Gardening, Herbs, Annuals and Perennials.
Rational: We have an Annuals and Perennials Chairman
Page 51 Line 2406 – Delete JJJ “Girl Scout Liaison”
Page 51 Line 2407 – Delete “Principal Duties and responsibilities to be determined.”
Rational: It is added to the Youth Chairman, Page 50 – Line 2387
For questions regarding the Bylaws and Polices, contact
Margaret DeWolf, Bylaws/Policies Chairman
7001 Crestline Drive
Breaksville OH 44141-2714